Social Media and Internet Policy
- Valais Blacknose Society (VBS) acknowledges the importance of the internet and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, home web-pages, chat rooms, messenger, WhatsApp and all other forms of electronic communication and the role which “social media” plays in the day to day lives of members.
- This policy note is to remind members that the Rules of the VBS apply to members when using social media and the internet. Failure to adhere to this policy note could lead to disciplinary action being taken against a member.
Using Social Media
- You should be aware that the VBS may from time to time carry out internet searches to identify postings which include references to the VBS and its members.
- You should ensure that any material that you share or post to social media is clearly stated to be your personal view and is not held out to be, or could be mistaken as, the view of the VBS.
- You must not post or share any material which could damage the name or reputation of the VBS, its members or former members, or which is derogatory to the character of, or prejudicial to, the interests of the VBS.
- You must not post or share any material relating to the VBS, members or former members or their sheep, or which could otherwise be associated with or which may reasonably be attributed as coming from the VBS:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance, distress or inconvenience; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be in breach of the VBS. Rules, or constitutes a criminal offence, or which could give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the laws of, or infringe the rights of any third party in, the UK or any other country in the world.
Any breach of this policy note may constitute a breach of the VBS Rules and could also lead to civil and/or criminal proceedings being brought against you.
Disclosure under Law or Regulation
You should be aware that the VBS will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the VBS to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of this policy. If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information, the VBS is entitled to do so.